The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is happening now! The sale is tiered, by credit card status.
Today, July 6th – Icon status cardmembers
July 7th – Ambassador status cardmembers
July 9th – Influencer status cardmembers
July 15th – Sale is open to the general public
I like Nordstrom and try to pick up a few wish list items from the sale each year, but I don’t go crazy with it like some people do. I find that the best thing to do is to create a ‘wish list’ on Nordstrom (create an account on their site, if you don’t already have one, and save the Anniversary Sale items to your wish list). Then once it’s your specific shopping day, you can go to your wish list and select ‘add to cart’. That will make it much easier. Items do sell out quickly, so I don’t usually expect to get everything on my list!
- CECE Embroidered Puff Sleeve Blouse – This blouse is high on my list. Since having a double mastectomy and electing what’s called an aesthetic flat closure, my chest wall is completely flat. I don’t wear prosthetics (I find them uncomfortable, to say the least), so I like to find feminine clothing that works well with my body. This shirt brings attention to the arms, which have a beautiful print to them. I also like that this works well in any season in New England. I can wear it to work now while it’s warm out, pair it with jeans on the weekend, or wear a cardigan or blazer over it in the fall & winter.
- Northface Miss Metro II Hooded Water Resistant Down Parka – Winters are cold here. A good coat is a must. I’ve been eyeing this one for a while, and with the price normally at $320, but on sale for $240, it might be worth picking up if it’s available in my size. I like the hood, the fact that it’s water resistant, and that it’s longer so when I sit down in the winter, it’s not as cold (I’m thinking of hockey rinks in the winter where it’s freezing!)
- Treasure & Bond Boat Neck Dolman Sleeve Top – Boat neck tops are another style that I didn’t wear often before my mastectomy, because I hated having a bra strap constantly showing. One benefit (besides being cancer free, of course!) is now that I don’t need a bra (obviously). Wearing off the shoulder tops without having to struggle to find a strapless bra is a silver lining. This sweater is only $29.90 (sale price) and is a nice neutral and not too heavy.
- Wit & Wisdom ‘Ab’ Solution Distressed Girlfriend Jeans – Some jeans are too baggy, and some are too tight – these are a nice in between. I like that they have a little bit of distressing, but not too much. And at $49.99 on sale from $88, these are definitely jeans I’ll be trying to grab during the sale.
- Anastasia Deluxe Brow Kit – My brows are naturally light, and the only brow pencil that I’ve found that doesn’t make my light brow hair appear red is the Anastasia brand. But, they are not cheap! This is a $68 value for $39. I use the Taupe shade. It’s perfect if you have blonde or light brown hair.
- Coach Pebbled Leather Crossbody Bag – I love this classic black leather crossbody bag. I don’t love the $350 price tag when I like to switch my bags out often. During the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it’s on sale for $199.99 making it much more reasonable. This is a bag you could keep forever and never have it go out of style.
- Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Leather Tote – Speaking of classic bags, I love a large Longchamp tote, but the nylon seems casual and summery to me. For fall, this beautiful brown leather tote bag is perfect. The price is steep, even on sale…so this would be a splurge. But at $377.99 vs $565, it’s a much better deal and a bag that’s classic and won’t go out of style.
What are your Anniversary Sale picks? Share them in the comments!